Words Are Not that Important – Part #4
Words are not that important
When it comes to making the first impression, our body speaks much louder than our words. It doesn’t really matter what we say during a conversation. The words form only 7 percent of your communication. The rest 93 percent are in our body language, tone of voice and our appearance.
If you are late, you are late. There are no ‘good’ excuses. This is when a first impression starts to be formed. Rarely are there are significant reasons for running late. Usually it’s traffic, or a bad time management. We all know that. Respect other’s people time. They might have a tight schedule and almost broke their neck to be in time.
Your physical appearance matters
We like to say that we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but we always do. The truth is that no matter how kind, caring, loving person you are – nobody knows that yet! Your presentation begins to tell your story.
You don’t have to have look like James Bond or Julia Roberts (I am sure look different in a daily life anyways). But you have to look YOUR best. Study up on image & style, update your hair style and wardrobe. Help others want to open the book and learn more about you.
Make a routine: visit your hairstylist, keep a small mirror and a matching lipstick for women, clean and repair your shoes, check your wardrobe – are buttons missing, do you need alterations. Do you need your shirts ironed?
How about your teeth? Did you know that good teeth are in the top “must haves” of people’s checklist when they date? Sell your car, sell your soul, but keep your teeth looking great!
Your clothing communicates
Dress appropriately for an event. You can always find attire that will work for any occasion. Classics are a great choice when you are unsure. An image consultant can help you to find appropriate clothing for every occasion you have in your life, based on your age, body shape and personal preferences.
You don’t need to have the most expensive wardrobe but, your appearance should be clean and tidy. Sloppiness and messiness turns people off.
to be continued…